Oujda Technopole is an integrated project which represents the convergence of several sector-based strategies of the Moroccan State:
- MED EST Strategy; a territorial application of the Emergence and Rawaj Programs in the Oriental region that aims at strengthening the industrial and service potentials in this region.
- The Renewable Energies National Strategy; through Cleantech, the free zone of the Technopole.
The site is located 12 km from the city of Oujda in the perimeter of the Oriental region. The geographical location presents many advantages (closeness to the Mediterranean and to North African countries, and a large coastline, etc.).
The first phase, which is spread over an area of 107 hectares, offers a diverse program and a plurality of services, and thus enabling companies to be more competitive.
The following institutions have acted as the project developers and managers, and are partners of MEDZ:
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and Digital Economy.
- The Ministry of Economy and Finance.
- The Ministry of Energy, Mines, Water and Environment.
- The Ministry of Education & Vocational Training.
- The Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research & Managers Training.
- Mohamed I University.
- The Wilaya of the Oriental Region.
- The National Airports Authority (ONDA).
- The Oriental Region.
Our sector-oriented industrial parks are not exclusive and can host companies working in other sectors.