The industrial zone of Boujdour is an integrated economic activity zone at the provincial level. It is designed as part of the strategy for economic and social development of the southern provinces of Morocco.
It particularly aims to:
- Develop the economic activities related to the new port of Boujdour.
- Enhance the value of the seafood of the region.
- Accompany the regional development dynamics and stimulate private investments.
- Create jobs.
The site is located 200 km from Laâyoune and 350 km from Dakhla in the region of Laâyoune-Boujdour-Sakia Al-Hamra. Its geographical location presents many advantages (significant seafood resources, 3 fishing ports, etc.).
The project spreads over 16.5 hectares, and is currently being marketed.
The following institutions have acted as the project developers and managers, and are partners of MEDZ:
- The Ministry of Industry, Trade, Investment and Digital Economy.
- The Agency for the Promotion and the Economic and Social Development of the Southern Provinces of the Kingdom.
- The National Office of Electricity and Drinking Water (ONEE).
- The Province of Boujdour.
Our sector-oriented industrial parks are not exclusive and can host companies working in other sectors.